Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Bok Choy with Crispy Shallots

I'm sure that I have had bok choy/baby bok choy at some point, but until now I couldn't pick it out of a line-up. In fact, I mistakenly picked up a head of romaine lettuce instead of baby bok choy (which I partly blame on Whole Foods' crappy produce labeling AND they didn't even HAVE any baby bok choy). Fortunately, I found some at a local grocery store.

This dish was super easy and probably took 5-10 minutes to make. Partially because I chopped off too much of the stems and then had to go through and re-cut them. It also helped that I already had some toasted sesame seeds on hand.

At this point, you might be thinking to yourself: "The title of this entry includes crispy shallots and yet, there are no crispy shallots to be seen!" That's because I only had shallots that were crispy a few days ago and were slightly burned. I tried to crisp them up in a separate pan but it didn't work. However, they were still delicious - just not very photogenic.

Eat this if you need more leafy greens in your diet!
Note: You need more leafy greens in your diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't tell me what i need!

note: i had some spinach today!