Saturday, June 7, 2008

Farmers Market

Today my local Farmers Market opened. And... I didn't go because I was sleepy. But my mom went and she is the reason that this post is coming to you.

There is a new booth there this year called Smith Natural Creations. I don't know anything about them (YET.) but their flier says that they are exclusively at the Homewood Farmers Market so tough luck if you don't live in the south suburbs of Chicago.

I had a piece of German Chocolate Cake (no picture because there is only a tiny piece of it left). It was $3.50 and well worth the price. It was a similar size and equal quality as the vegan cake slices that I buy from Whole Foods but $2 cheaper.
These cinnamon rolls are amazing. I ate one right after I took the picture! They don't say vegan on the box, but the vendor assured my mom that they are. And they are maple-frosted! I am not a big fan of syrup on pancakes or waffles, but I love it IN food.

They also had Thai Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce but there are no pictures because my mom and I ate them immediately.

I was going to say that I am very much looking forward to going to the Farmers Market next Saturday but I realized that I will be on a plane to Portland! And then I will be stuffing my face with so much yummy vegan food that I will explode.

Also. I am still working on my taking-photos-of-food skills. I do most of my cooking at night (so no natural light) and there isn't really anywhere in the house bright enough to take pictures without using the flash. In the cinnamon rolls photo I put it under one of the counterlights and put on my LED headlamp but it's still not great.

No comments: