Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 16: Carrot Salad

I picked up this pre-made carrot salad by Totally Vegan from my local health food store. I don't have the recipe, but I think this would be pretty easy to replicate because you can find the list of ingredients HERE. It says that there are only 2 servings, but I was able to make 5 sandwiches with it (and the bread I use is fairly wide).

I'm always nervous about trying carrot-y things because it wasn't long ago that I hate-hate-hated carrots. I certainly did not hate this carrot salad though. It was a very nice change from my usual chickpea salad. I'll be picking this up again for sure and I encourage everyone who doesn't live around Chicago to try a hand at making it yourself!

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

Ooooh the colours the colours....
So pretty!