Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 17: Potato Mushroom Blintzes

This recipe can be found if you search for it in the googlebooks version of Veganomicon (although how someone could be vegan and not own V'con is beyond me).

I saw a picture of these blintzes on someone's site, decided to try them, and bought the ingredients several weeks ago. Fortunately it takes a little while for potatoes and mushrooms to go bad because I kept putting off making them. Making my own crepes just seemed like such a daunting task! But lately I've been realizing that everything I think will be too hard actually ends up being pretty easy. Granted, these crepes were extra easy because I had my dad make the actual crepes (in a small, non-stick frying pan - who needs crepe pans?!) while I worked on the filling (I'm pretty sure I made the crepe batter too. I do things! Shut up!).

These were savory and held up very well during the couple of days they spent in the refrigerator. You could probably successfully reheat them in a microwave, but it only takes a couple of minutes to re-fry them. You don't even need to add any oil! I ate most of them smothered in applesauce, but for the picture I used sour cream (Follow Your Heart, I think) and some fresh chives.

2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

They look YUMMY!
I've not tried that recipe yet...I MUST!

Anonymous said...

Perfect picture, these look fantastic!