Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 27: Survey!

Is it exploitative to use a picture of my dog to lure you in?
This survey comes from Jess at Get Sconed!

1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Probably Earl Grey, but I haven't had tea in a couple weeks.

2. What vegan forums do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I've been a member of the PPK for awhile although I don't post or comment. I like forums as a resource but I don't really like the format - participation-wise, at least. I think my username is just Stephanie Anne.

3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has to be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Lasagna with the cashew ricotta from Veganomicon. Not the most original but sure to be delicious.

4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
I don't know exactly because I use a feedreader. I really like organizing all the blogs I like to read through a feedreader but I comment a lot less than I would if I went to the actual page. Guilty admission!

5. If you could hang out with a vega blogger that you haven't met, who would it be, and what would you do?
There are a lot of people who I would like to cook for me.

6. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy - tofu, seitan, or tempeh, which would it be?
Seitan, I guess, although I don't use any of them very often.

7. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Frozen tofu. Especially if you cut finger-grips along the edge - perfect for throwing!

8. Name 3 meals you'd realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
This is going to seem like a cop out, but I don't know. I prefer meals based around beans or mushrooms.
9. What a recipe in vegan blogland that you've been eyeing?
Thanksgiving Burgers from Just the Food.

10. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
I own the cowhugger totebag and hoodie from Herbivore (it's so cute, I can't help it), a couple other shirts from Herbivore, a hoodie that is too big, and, my personal favorite, the "Don't be a jerk, go vegan" shirt from Food Fight (it has a drawing by the brilliant Nicole Georges!).

11. Have you made your pilgimage to the "vegan mecca" yet? (Portland, duh)
I was there for a week in June and loved it. I'm planning on moving there, but I'm having an impossible time finding a place to live.

12. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
I went vegan when I was 20. I've only been vegan since March but, yeah, it's sticking.

13. What is the worst vegan meal you've had? Who cooked it?
I don't think I have any horror stories. I don't really go out so that probably helps. But whenever anyone has made something for me, it has been great and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people cook things or buy food just for me.

14. What made you decide to blog?
I figured it would encourage me to make and eat different things. I'm usually the only person who eats the food I make so it's nice to feel like I'm making it for other people too. I also used to be really into photography when I was in high school and was looking for a way to do more.

15. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
- Soup. I like the smell and sounds of simmering soup!
- Pie! That's a newfound love.
- Pretty much anything that involves sautéing.

16. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
Stuffing. It's a family recipe (... I think) and one of my all-time favorite foods. I've never had stuffing that tastes half as good as this one.

17. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
Pad Thai from Siam Thai (a local Thai restaurant). I've been eating there for over 4 years and used to go there probably at least once a week in high school. I've probably ordered it over 20 times. They make the best tofu that I've ever had so it's hard to not keep going back! I recently found out that you can get deep-fried tofu with their stir-frys and, holy crap, it's brilliant. It's totally spoiled me though - other Thai food doesn't live up and other tofu... is just a disappointment.

18. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
I don't think I've been to a chain restaurant since going vegan.

19. My kitchen needs...
More counter-space and storage. And a billion gadgets.

20. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen...! I think that pumpkins are technically fruits but whatever, they can stay the hell away from my kitchen. I don't have a problem with most fruits and vegetables. Spices are what tend to get to me - cloves, allspice, fennel seeds, ugghhhh.

21. What's for dinner tonight?
Mango Summer Rolls from Vegan with a Vengeance with peanut sauce.

No comments: