Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 5: a Survey

This is a neat survey from Food Snobbery is my Hobbery (which is totally one of my favorite blog names). I'm a bit grateful for a day off from writing about food because I feel like I just say that same thing over and over again. And, yes, I'm trying to lure you in with pictures of my dog, Maeve.

1. Name a song that involves food in some way.
Milkshake 'n' Honey - Sleater-Kinney

2. What criteria do you use when choosing a new cookbook to buy?
I usually flip through it and if there are lots of things that I want to make, then I buy it. Pictures are a big plus. I read a lot of vegan food blogs and get introduced to new cookbooks that way.

3. What did you eat today?
Chickpeas Romesco. An apple with peanut butter. A blintz with applesauce.

4. Name a vegan food that you know exists but you have never tried.
haggis.

5. The Food Network just called and needs you to start your new show tomorrow. What will the title of the show be?
Eat Me.

6. Favorite hot sauce or other spicy condiment?
I am not really into hot sauce. I've been trying to up my tolerance for spicy things though!

7. How old were you when you became vegetarian/vegan?
16 - vegetarian. 20 - vegan.

8. Favorite vegan cheeze?
Teese, but the only other kind I've had is the FYH mozzarella. I really want to try Cheezly and Sheese though.

9. Cutest baby animal?
Deer.

10. Favorite type of jam/jelly/marmalade/preserves?
I go through phases, but lately I've really been enjoying peach-raspberry jam from the farmers market.

11. Do you take any vitamins/supplements?
I have a multi-vitamin that I take every once in awhile.

12. What food/dish most embodies the Fall season?
Casseroles. Or pretty much anything that spends over an hour in the oven.

13. What food would you have a hard time living without?
Mushrooms. Or onions/garlic.

14. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Tea. It would be hot chocolate, except chocolate has been giving me tummyaches lately.

15. It's 10PM and you're starving. What do you eat?
Cereal. Or a burrito.

16. If you have an animal companion, what is his/her favorite food?
I don't think Maeve has a favorite food. What she really likes to do is tear the stuffing out of toys. She doesn't eat the stuffing, but she sure is cute.
17. Worst injury you've gotten in the kitchen?
For awhile, I was always bumping my right arm against the side of the oven. I think my oven was trying to hug me because it was so glad that I was baking such delicious things inside of it.

18. When you have a food-related question, who do you call?
My dad. Or the internet.

19. Summer is ending- What food will you miss most?
Delicious tomatoes.

20. What snacks do you keep in your purse/backpack/desk at work?
I don't usually carry snacks with me, but if I do then it's probably some cereal tossed into a ziploc bag.

21. Favorite soup to make on a rainy day?
I really like the Amy's no-chicken noodle soup. Except I've been having a hard time finding it lately. Also, the creamy cauliflower soup from Vegan Lunch Box and the carrot bisque from VwaV.

22. What's your favorite combination of fresh vegetable and/or fruit juices?
I can't remember the last time I drank juice but peach juice would definitely have to be involved somehow.

23. Favorite brand of root beer?
I don't drink sodie.

24. Make up your own question!
Favorite kitchen utensil?
My Wusthof santoku knife. Oh, and silicone spatulas.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a cute doggie :)