Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 7: Vegan Love

This entry isn't about food, it's about how awesome it is when your friends go vegan.

My most darling friend, the dazzling Jenni Crowley, went vegan a month ago. I maybe threw my hands in the air and did a little dance and squeal when she told me. This was really wonderful for me because I don't have any vegan friends (or even vegetarian friends. Or... friends at all. Whatever!) and it's nice to have someone to get food-nerdy with, even if she lives 850 miles away (the world is a cruel place, children).

Jenni just started a blog: Jennicakes. It's in its very beginning stages right now, but she will be writing adorable things and also about her adventures of going to school for baking and pastry arts.Here is a picture of us back in May. I'm on the left, making crazy eyes. She's on the right, making wonky eyes. Hooray for vegan friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jenny! You both rock.
Now I am off to check out Jenny's blog.

Kati said...

Aww that's so nice! Good for Jenny!

donesmoking said...

very cool!