Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 2: Seitan Portobello Stroganoff


The Seitan Portobello Stroganoff from Vegan with a Vengeance is one of my favorite meals EVER. One of the best things about stroganoff is how flexible it is. I don't think I've ever made it the same way twice. For example, the first time I made it, I didn't have any seitan so I just added more mushrooms (I also hadn't yet been introduced to the wonder that is Red Star nutritional yeast. Now that we've met, we are in love and couldn't be happier.). You can serve it with whatever noodles you have on hand or, and this is my favorite way, spoon some stroganoff (I affectionately call it "strogie") onto a big pile of mashed potatoes and mix it all together. Mmm... comfort food. Even my picky brother liked this recipe, though he ruined it by putting butter on his noodles.

I'm going to have to congratulate myself on getting a pretty decent photo of the stroganoff. From most angles, it just looks like cat vomit on noodles.

Oh! Hello to all the new readers who found me through VeganMoFo. Comments! Excitement!

1 comment:

Tami said...

You DID get a fantastic picture. That's a a great recipe, too!