Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 28: Cashew Crème Pear Tart

I think that this is the first baked good that both my dad and I have been able to eat without any modifications. The cashew crème is probably my favorite part of this dish. I am maybe guilty of eating the pear topping first and then diving into the rest.

This was pretty easy to make - especially because I opted to use cashew butter instead of grinding cashews into butter myself. Oh, the center of the tart is chopped up pieces of pear. I thought the tart looked a little... under-dressed without it (Can you tell that I like writing "tart" this many times? Because I do.). This tart is best served warm.

The only major issue that I had with this dish is that I had to cook it more than twice as long as stated. It is supposed to take 22-25 minutes to cook - mine spent about an hour in the oven. I don't know how this could have happened! I use an oven thermometer so I know the temperature was right. I used an 8.5" spring-form pan instead of the recommended 9", but that couldn't have added 40 minutes in baking time. Was this a weird fluke? A misprint? Help me out here!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I don't think it's you. I've had it happen where it took way longer to cook something. as long as it came out ok, that is what counts. looks beautiful!