Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 20: Beanie Weenies

Did you know that some people have not encountered the wonder that is Beanie Weenies? Maybe you are even one of those poor wretches. Or maybe you call it "Franks 'n' Beans", which is even more deplorable than never tasting it.

This is a very quick meal - perfect for lazy days and rainy nights. Just open up a can of baked beans (or make your own), heat it up, toss in some vegan hot dog pieces, and you are good to go! I used Yves hot dogs, although I'm not that impressed with the texture or the flavor (if there is a brand that you think is better, let me know!). I fried the hot dog pieces until they were crispy on the outside in order to reduce the "meh" texture as much as possible. A couple months back, I tossed some grated Teese, which melted nicely but a cheddar flavor would be preferable.

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmm yummy!
One of my faves...but it didn't have a name...until now!
:)